How do you envision your healthcare marketing strategies changing in the digital era?
Consider Digital Marketing Strategies: This new form of marketing has given your hospitality services a new lease of life in the online world by strengthening their visibility.
By using digital marketing, you can reach out to healthcare aspirants across the globe, establish trust among the audience, and enhance the growth of your healthcare services.
Digital marketing is vital for your healthcare business. Now is the right time to implement digital marketing techniques for your healthcare services.
Let’s see how important it is to invest digital marketing strategies in the healthcare industry:
What is Healthcare Digital Marketing?
Marketing your healthcare services via online platforms is known as healthcare digital marketing. Investment in digital marketing is a lucrative option for online healthcare providers.
Over 88% of people look for health information online, and 70% say that health information influences their decision. With digital marketing, you can stay connected to current and potential patients at any time.
Digital Marketing Health care strategies
Generally, people look for online health care services to experience instant responses and communicate with specialists in their comfortable time frames from their comfortable locations.
Consider the Digital Marketing techniques, and look at how they affect Digital Marketing:
Search Engine Optimization
You must have a good user experience and search engine optimization (SEO). To become a successful healthcare SEO specialist, you need to provide the best user experience.
Responsive layout, voice-search optimization, quality content, impressive design, smooth navigation, webpage load time, etc. are the factors that determine the best user experience.
SEO is the crucial digital marketing tactic that improves online exposure, improves patients’ user experience, increases visibility, and drives organic traffic to your website. If you look for implementing SEO tactics for your health care website, Digital Catalyst is your solution.
Below are a few statistics that reveal the importance of SEO:
- 77% of online health seekers use Google, Bing, and other search engines to look for health-related information
- Consumers researching physical therapists, nursing homes, and optometrists are the most likely to call healthcare providers after performing a search.
- Over 70% of health-related searchers click on the results listed on the first page.
- 47% of internet users search for doctors or other healthcare professionals.
Pay per click (PPC) advertising
Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising is the process of advertising your healthcare services on search engines, social media, or other platforms. No charges are incurred until someone clicks on your ad.
For Example, Google Adwords offer display ads and text ads. As you browse through websites, display ads will appear based on your past searches. Text ads will appear as you scroll down Google search results.
Therefore PPC ads provide opportunities to obtain quality traffic and accumulate potential leads to your online medical centre. As you can measure the performance of your ads on each platform, you can easily figure out what is working and what is not, and adjust accordingly.
Here are a few statistics that reveal the impacts of paid ads:
- Healthcare companies’ global advertising expenditure is estimated at $36B in 2020
- More than 7M+ healthcare advertisers invested a total of $10.1 billion in PPC ads
- The average healthcare service provider gets $3 back for every $1.60 they spend on Google’s paid ads.
Social Media Marketing
Social media is exploding in the healthcare sector and is an excellent way to stay connected to your patients even during uncertain times. Social media marketing provides better opportunities to target patients in different age groups, genders, medical conditions, health issues, etc.
In India, the government developed a Facebook Messenger chatbot that responds to citizen questions and dispenses accurate information by countering misinformation. On the other hand, the medical health officers of Canadian provinces have used social media and healthcare communication effectively. During COVID-19 pandemic times, they regularly share official information.
As a healthcare professional, you can create awareness about staying healthy in pandemic periods, suggest health advice for both physical and mental hygiene, and clarify the queries with an active social media presence.
These statistics listed below reveal the importance of social media:
- Among the healthcare centers in the United States, 94.41% have a Facebook account, 50.82% are active on Twitter, 99.14% use Yelp, and 99.41% have a Foursquare page
- 60% of social media users trust social media posts shared by health professionals and doctors
- 83% of social media users in America have searched for health-related information online, that include mental health, disease management, immunizations, etc
- 91% of participants said online social media communities greatly support their health-making decisions.
Content marketing exposes your expertise to the right audience through blogs, infographics, videos, e-books, etc., so engage with the patients with quality-rich content.
Write blogs related to your expertise in the field and post articles based on your niche topics.
You can solve the reader’s problems and showcase your expertise through it.
Focus on providing values to your patients instead of becoming a self-promoting element. Also, present your content in a simple manner.
Look into a few statistics that prove that content marketing is essential for your healthcare service:
- Healthcare content marketing has generated three times as many as outbound marketing and costs 62% less than other marketing avenues.
- Healthcare video marketers get 66% more qualified leads per year.
- 83% of health organizations are engaged in content marketing
- 58% of healthcare marketers use blogs in their digital marketing strategy.
By implementing smart and ethical marketing tactics through smart and mobile devices, you can reach healthcare aspirants with smartphones, tablets, and other mobile devices.
Various mobile marketing strategies perfectly meet your needs, including app-based marketing, in-game marketing, location-based marketing, mobile search ads, mobile image ads, and text messages.
Using mobile marketing can reach local audiences and encourage them to use your services.
some statistics that reveal the impact of mobile marketing are listed below:
- 44% of patients who research hospitals on a mobile device end up scheduling an appointment
- 47.6% of healthcare industry emails are opened via a mobile device
- Around 19% of people surveyed had health and fitness apps on their smartphones.
Using email marketing is a smart way to stay connected to your audience, provide a personalized experience, build relationships with them, and stay on top of their minds.
Segmenting your email subscribers based on age, interests, health conditions, etc., is necessary before starting email marketing. Personalize your emails by using an appealing subject line, call-to-action (CTA), and user-friendly sign-up options.
Furthermore, use email marketing automation strategies to deliver effective emails consistently without wasting time. You can acquire new patients and retain the current ones for your online medical center by email marketing.
Here are a few statistics that depict the positive effects of email marketing:
- 74% of digital healthcare marketers said that email is their most effective distribution channel for new content
- Email is 40 times more effective than Facebook, and Twitter combined to help you attract new patients
- 89% of digital healthcare marketers reports that email is the primary source for lead generation
- For every $1 spent on email healthcare marketing, the average return is $44.25.
Therefore it is evident that digital marketing plays a vital role in establishing online health services. By optimizing digital marketing tactics properly, you can become an active protagonist of your healthcare center.