The email remains one of the most vital marketing tools, with 91% of consumers saying they use it daily. According to eMarketer, email conversion rates to purchase are three times higher than the conversion rates on social media, and the average order value is 17% higher via email than via social media.
Benefits of Email Marketing
- Businesses can stay in touch with their audiences through email marketing. This method helps customers to stay informed. Your customers will check them at their convenience as long as you provide them with the information they find interesting, hence increasing engagement.
- Due to the growing popularity of mobile phones, most customers use them to access emails, media, and information. Litmus reports that 54% of emails are opened on mobile devices. Mobile devices record higher conversion rates for well-designed emails than any other media.
- Email marketing can be easily measured. Most email marketing tools allow users to track delivery rates, bounce rates, unsubscribe rates, click-through rates, and open rates. These metrics are crucial for internet marketing campaigns. By knowing the customer’s intent and understanding their requirements, you can develop emails that do not lead to an increase in unsubscribes.
- It is an efficient way of communicating. Email marketing has a low cost per conversion. The Platinum Marketing Email level of SendGrid costs 0.0006 cents per message. You can send up to 12,000 emails a month for free with Mail Chimp. Vertical Response offers free email marketing for up to 4,000 emails per month and 1,000 contacts per email.
- The importance of email marketing when it comes to lead nurturing is that it allows targeted messaging. Customers may be in different stages of the buying cycle. Some may be in consideration, others in research and comparison, and others in the ready-to-purchase stage. Creating buyer personas can help you determine what kind of content to create for each.
- Businesses may target these groups by segmenting customers into appropriate email marketing lists. Customers need information that motivates them to move on to the next buying cycle. By putting the right content, this can be accomplished. It’s all about moving your prospects down your sales funnel not as quickly as possible but as efficiently as possible.
- Email Marketing helps increase brand awareness. Possessing a customer’s or prospect’s email address means that the customer is interested in your business. Email Marketing helps you increase that interest level and brand awareness by staying top of mind.
- Implement an email marketing strategy to incorporate seasonal offers to promote a holiday special or an annual sale. Create a sense of urgency by mentioning the end date of offers.
Email Marketing presents an incredible opportunity to reach customers. As the HubSpot survey stated, 91% of the customers use email to explore the tool to maximize its use. A good email marketing strategy is to increase brand awareness by encouraging customers to share offers as much as possible.
There are a few disadvantages of email marketing too. Follow the link to read further.